Steelcase Emphasizes Green Marketing
Steelcase says that green marketing is the only marketing it’s interested in, The Detroit Free Press reports. “Our goal is to thread it into everything we do,” said Angela Nahikian, Steelcase’s manager of global environmental strategy and programs.
The company has won acclaim for its first major green product, the Think chair, according to the article. More than 300,000 of the chairs have been sold worldwide since their debut in mid-2004.
Last year, Steelcase created product environmental profiles for each of its major furniture lines that tell customers how much recycled content is in each product, what certifications it has achieved and other environmental information.
Energy Manager News
- The Benefits of Continuous Insulation
- Humber College Gets Big Energy Research Funding Infusion
- Walk-In Cooler and Freezer Final Rule Released by DoE
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 26, 2016
- FirstEnergy Asks for $4.5 Billion to Stay in Ohio
- PNM Chafes at Delays, Seeks NMPRC Ruling in 2015 Rate Case
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant