Steelcase Emphasizes Green Marketing
Steelcase says that green marketing is the only marketing it’s interested in, The Detroit Free Press reports. “Our goal is to thread it into everything we do,” said Angela Nahikian, Steelcase’s manager of global environmental strategy and programs.
The company has won acclaim for its first major green product, the Think chair, according to the article. More than 300,000 of the chairs have been sold worldwide since their debut in mid-2004.
Last year, Steelcase created product environmental profiles for each of its major furniture lines that tell customers how much recycled content is in each product, what certifications it has achieved and other environmental information.
Energy Manager News
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage