Steelcase Emphasizes Green Marketing
Steelcase says that green marketing is the only marketing it’s interested in, The Detroit Free Press reports. “Our goal is to thread it into everything we do,” said Angela Nahikian, Steelcase’s manager of global environmental strategy and programs.
The company has won acclaim for its first major green product, the Think chair, according to the article. More than 300,000 of the chairs have been sold worldwide since their debut in mid-2004.
Last year, Steelcase created product environmental profiles for each of its major furniture lines that tell customers how much recycled content is in each product, what certifications it has achieved and other environmental information.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend
- Energy Management: The Internet of Things Changes Everything
- Big Biogas Project Underway Down Under
- Kroger, Love’s Sign with LSI Industries