Steelcase Emphasizes Green Marketing
Steelcase says that green marketing is the only marketing it’s interested in, The Detroit Free Press reports. “Our goal is to thread it into everything we do,” said Angela Nahikian, Steelcase’s manager of global environmental strategy and programs.
The company has won acclaim for its first major green product, the Think chair, according to the article. More than 300,000 of the chairs have been sold worldwide since their debut in mid-2004.
Last year, Steelcase created product environmental profiles for each of its major furniture lines that tell customers how much recycled content is in each product, what certifications it has achieved and other environmental information.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform