Steelcase Emphasizes Green Marketing
Steelcase says that green marketing is the only marketing it’s interested in, The Detroit Free Press reports. “Our goal is to thread it into everything we do,” said Angela Nahikian, Steelcase’s manager of global environmental strategy and programs.
The company has won acclaim for its first major green product, the Think chair, according to the article. More than 300,000 of the chairs have been sold worldwide since their debut in mid-2004.
Last year, Steelcase created product environmental profiles for each of its major furniture lines that tell customers how much recycled content is in each product, what certifications it has achieved and other environmental information.
Energy Manager News
- Six Critical Tips to Transform Your Organization’s Energy Management
- Supreme Court to Review Demand Response Decision
- Dartmouth Upgrades Field House Lighting with Digital Lumens
- Tesla Needs More Partnerships for Powerwall Success, Says Lux
- College Installs 2.5 MW of Solar
- Gexpro, Geli, Ideal Power, LG Chem Join for Battery Energy Storage
- LEDs Facilitate Retail Shopping Applications
- The Hidden Pitfalls of Natural Gas Cost Savings