MetaBank Issues Green MasterCard
Consumers automatically earn a new account activation bonus equivalent to 10,000 pounds of CO2 offsets, the average annual CO2 emission of a car in the U.S., according to Fintura, when they make their first purchase.
For every net dollar spent using the GreenPay MasterCard credit card, five pounds of CO2 will be retired, according to Fintura. For every net dollar spent on gasoline and household utilities, 10 pounds of CO2 will be offset.
GE recently launched the GE Money Earth Rewards Platinum MasterCard. Barclaycard has launched a green credit card too. Wells Fargo offers a credit card with renewable energy reward options. Bank of America has announced that it’s planning a green credit card for the U.S. Bright Planet is planning a card that cancels out your carbon output.
Energy Manager News
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark