MetaBank Issues Green MasterCard
Consumers automatically earn a new account activation bonus equivalent to 10,000 pounds of CO2 offsets, the average annual CO2 emission of a car in the U.S., according to Fintura, when they make their first purchase.
For every net dollar spent using the GreenPay MasterCard credit card, five pounds of CO2 will be retired, according to Fintura. For every net dollar spent on gasoline and household utilities, 10 pounds of CO2 will be offset.
GE recently launched the GE Money Earth Rewards Platinum MasterCard. Barclaycard has launched a green credit card too. Wells Fargo offers a credit card with renewable energy reward options. Bank of America has announced that it’s planning a green credit card for the U.S. Bright Planet is planning a card that cancels out your carbon output.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform