MetaBank Issues Green MasterCard
Consumers automatically earn a new account activation bonus equivalent to 10,000 pounds of CO2 offsets, the average annual CO2 emission of a car in the U.S., according to Fintura, when they make their first purchase.
For every net dollar spent using the GreenPay MasterCard credit card, five pounds of CO2 will be retired, according to Fintura. For every net dollar spent on gasoline and household utilities, 10 pounds of CO2 will be offset.
GE recently launched the GE Money Earth Rewards Platinum MasterCard. Barclaycard has launched a green credit card too. Wells Fargo offers a credit card with renewable energy reward options. Bank of America has announced that it’s planning a green credit card for the U.S. Bright Planet is planning a card that cancels out your carbon output.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.