MetaBank Issues Green MasterCard
Consumers automatically earn a new account activation bonus equivalent to 10,000 pounds of CO2 offsets, the average annual CO2 emission of a car in the U.S., according to Fintura, when they make their first purchase.
For every net dollar spent using the GreenPay MasterCard credit card, five pounds of CO2 will be retired, according to Fintura. For every net dollar spent on gasoline and household utilities, 10 pounds of CO2 will be offset.
GE recently launched the GE Money Earth Rewards Platinum MasterCard. Barclaycard has launched a green credit card too. Wells Fargo offers a credit card with renewable energy reward options. Bank of America has announced that it’s planning a green credit card for the U.S. Bright Planet is planning a card that cancels out your carbon output.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland