MetaBank Issues Green MasterCard
Consumers automatically earn a new account activation bonus equivalent to 10,000 pounds of CO2 offsets, the average annual CO2 emission of a car in the U.S., according to Fintura, when they make their first purchase.
For every net dollar spent using the GreenPay MasterCard credit card, five pounds of CO2 will be retired, according to Fintura. For every net dollar spent on gasoline and household utilities, 10 pounds of CO2 will be offset.
GE recently launched the GE Money Earth Rewards Platinum MasterCard. Barclaycard has launched a green credit card too. Wells Fargo offers a credit card with renewable energy reward options. Bank of America has announced that it’s planning a green credit card for the U.S. Bright Planet is planning a card that cancels out your carbon output.
Energy Manager News
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage