Royal Caribbean Inks 5 Year, 85 Million Gallon Biodiesel Contract With Imperium
Royal Caribbean will buy 15 million gallons of biodiesel from Seattle-based Imperium Renewables in 2007 and 18 million gallons annually for four years after that, The Seattle Times reports. The cruise line has four vessels that call in Seattle.
“We believe this is the single-largest long-term biodiesel sales contract to an end user in the U.S.,” the company said in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the article reports.
Imperium also said it had reached an agreement to purchase Royal Caribbean Cruises’ seven percent stake in the Grays Harbor facility.
Energy Manager News
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- SunPower and the Army Work on Solar Project in Alabama
- Climate and Energy Policies Working
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending April 29, 2016
- Xcel Energy Files to Refund $15M to Colorado Electric Customers
- New Retail Marketplace, MassEnergyRates.com, Launches in the Bay State
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?