Royal Caribbean Inks 5 Year, 85 Million Gallon Biodiesel Contract With Imperium
Royal Caribbean will buy 15 million gallons of biodiesel from Seattle-based Imperium Renewables in 2007 and 18 million gallons annually for four years after that, The Seattle Times reports. The cruise line has four vessels that call in Seattle.
“We believe this is the single-largest long-term biodiesel sales contract to an end user in the U.S.,” the company said in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the article reports.
Imperium also said it had reached an agreement to purchase Royal Caribbean Cruises’ seven percent stake in the Grays Harbor facility.
Energy Manager News
- Featured Project of the Year: Atlas Box Deploys Digital Lumens for Energy Intelligence
- Businesses Find that It’s Possible to Save Money–and the Environment
- Duquesne Light Building Experimental Microgrid
- Las Cruces Moving to LEDs, Solar
- Intelligence and Automation to Drive Growth of Smart Cities
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds