Royal Caribbean Inks 5 Year, 85 Million Gallon Biodiesel Contract With Imperium
Royal Caribbean will buy 15 million gallons of biodiesel from Seattle-based Imperium Renewables in 2007 and 18 million gallons annually for four years after that, The Seattle Times reports. The cruise line has four vessels that call in Seattle.
“We believe this is the single-largest long-term biodiesel sales contract to an end user in the U.S.,” the company said in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the article reports.
Imperium also said it had reached an agreement to purchase Royal Caribbean Cruises’ seven percent stake in the Grays Harbor facility.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE