Andrew Winston Brings Eco-Salon To Denver, Portland
Andrew Winston, co-author of “Green to Gold: How Smart Companies Use Environmental Strategy to Innovate, Create Value, and Build Competitive Advantage” is holding an Eco-Advantage Salon on August 22 from 1pm-5:00 at the Oxford Hotel in downtown Denver, according to Sustainable Life Media. Environmental Leader is a media sponsor of the event.
This event follows stops in San Francisco, Las Vegas and Seattle, and precedes another stop in Portland, Oregon planned for August 23.
At each tour stop, Winston discusses what is causing the “green wave” in business and how “Wave Riders” (those businesses that are embracing the green wave) have harnessed this trend to create competitive advantage for their business.
Each Salon includes time for participants to become familiar with tools and frameworks Winston suggests to help managers, regardless of where they sit in a company, identify where opportunities may lie for them. Local “wave-riders” from Sun Microsystems, Johns Manville and MGA Communications, who are already experiencing success with sustainability, will be on hand to discuss their own direct experiences in an interactive panel session.
Participants have the opportunity to gain introductory practice working with some of the frameworks in Winston’s book, leaving them better equipped to return to their companies and tackle their own real-life business situation.
Get more info here.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike