DOE Releases RFI On Industrial Energy Efficiency
The Department of Enery has released a Request For Information on reducing industrial energy intensity. Section 106 of the Energy Policy Act of 2005 seeks reduction of industrial energy use by 25 percent by 2017.
Section 106 of EPAct authorizes the Secretary of Energy to enter into voluntary agreements with industry with the goal of reducing energy intensity by not less than 2.5 percent each year during the period of calendar years 2007 through 2016. The Department of Energy is seeking information from industry and industry associations regarding the best way to implement this goal. Comments are due on September 18, 2007.
Topics for the RFI include:
- Experience or lessons learned from energy management activities.
- Challenges, pitfalls (what not to do) learned from these activities.
- Roadblocks and concerns that industry may have with reducing energy intensity by 2.5 percent per year.
- How essential is reducing energy consumption to your company’s economic competitiveness.
- The most effective way(s) to motivate industry to participate in this initiative, including possible incentives.
- The most effective way to conduct a federal government supported program to reduce industrial energy intensity.
- How to document and verify the industrial energy savings in order to evaluate the success of these voluntary agreements.
- The level of interest in participating in the planning or in partnering with the Department to achieve this goal.
- The need for national and/or international standards on industrial energy management.
- Specific technical, technology, or plant assessment tool support considered critical for your participation and the achievement of the initiative’s stated goal.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland