Noresco Joins Clinton Climate Initiative
Noresco has joined the Clinton Climate Initiative. As a participant in the C40 Large Building Retrofit Program, the company will provide building retrofits for city buildings and financially guarantee reductions in energy usage.
Energy retrofits with performance guarantees, known as energy services performance contracts, are familiar financial tools to some U.S. states, cities, counties, school districts, and higher education facilities. CCI is making it easier for large cities to tap performance contracting resources, thereby increasing the total market. It is calculated that energy use in buildings is responsible for over 50 percent of greenhouse gas emissions in most cities. Retrofits can reduce energy use by 20 to 50 percent in existing buildings, pay for themselves through reductions in energy usage, and reduce harmful emissions and pollutants, according to Noresco.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations
- ASHRAE Proposes “Backbone” for Building Rating Programs
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid