Noresco Joins Clinton Climate Initiative
Noresco has joined the Clinton Climate Initiative. As a participant in the C40 Large Building Retrofit Program, the company will provide building retrofits for city buildings and financially guarantee reductions in energy usage.
Energy retrofits with performance guarantees, known as energy services performance contracts, are familiar financial tools to some U.S. states, cities, counties, school districts, and higher education facilities. CCI is making it easier for large cities to tap performance contracting resources, thereby increasing the total market. It is calculated that energy use in buildings is responsible for over 50 percent of greenhouse gas emissions in most cities. Retrofits can reduce energy use by 20 to 50 percent in existing buildings, pay for themselves through reductions in energy usage, and reduce harmful emissions and pollutants, according to Noresco.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend