Ontario Proposes Green licence Plates For Low-Emission Vehicles
By this time next year, Ontarians who buy environmentally friendly, low-emission cars and trucks would get a green-hued licence plate that entitles them to such possible perks as free parking and access to carpool lanes, The Star reports.
The so-called “eco-licence” plate is one of three green transportation policies the province is hoping will encourage commuters and businesses to factor the environment into their spending decisions. The government will consult with vehicle manufacturers and environmental groups to design a rating system that identifies the cleanest cars, light trucks and commercial vehicles.
At the same time, at least three U.S. states are considering green plates for convicted sex offenders and pedophiles back on the streets, The Star reports in another article.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market
- UCLA Creates The L.A. Energy Atlas
- Santa Cruz Saves with Six Battery Tower
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency