Steve Case Launches Sustainable Destination Resort Communities
Revolution LLC, the company created by AOL co-founder Steve Case, has launched Revolution Places, which bills itself as sustainable destination resort communities. The first development planned is Cacique, Costa Rica, a 650-acre luxury resort community scheduled to open in 2010.
“Revolution Places is an entirely new approach to destination resort development,” said Steve Case, chairman & CEO of Revolution LLC. “We are bringing together the best of the best to deliver an ownership and guest experience like no other resort in the world. Importantly, we will preserve the local environment and culture when developing resorts like Cacique, Costa Rica to ensure our presence is a positive and welcome contribution.”
Revolution says the development of Cacique, Costa Rica will focus on intelligent, environmentally friendly designs that reduce energy and water demand and take advantage of spatial, wind and solar patterns to maximize natural ventilation, shade and daylight. Cacique, Costa Rica will establish a recycling and solid waste management program to neutralize the impact of this development on the surrounding environment. Additionally, Cacique will create on-site treatment facilities to re-use wastewater and will purchase its electrical power for the community from renewable sources.
Revolution Places says it is also investing in a series of local Costa Rican community initiatives that initially include:
- The donation of 1 million trees to the government-chartered Foundation for the Balance between Conservation and Development.
- The donation of hydro-geological studies of the Panama aquifer and watershed.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend
- Energy Management: The Internet of Things Changes Everything
- Big Biogas Project Underway Down Under
- Kroger, Love’s Sign with LSI Industries