Steve Case Launches Sustainable Destination Resort Communities
Revolution LLC, the company created by AOL co-founder Steve Case, has launched Revolution Places, which bills itself as sustainable destination resort communities. The first development planned is Cacique, Costa Rica, a 650-acre luxury resort community scheduled to open in 2010.
“Revolution Places is an entirely new approach to destination resort development,” said Steve Case, chairman & CEO of Revolution LLC. “We are bringing together the best of the best to deliver an ownership and guest experience like no other resort in the world. Importantly, we will preserve the local environment and culture when developing resorts like Cacique, Costa Rica to ensure our presence is a positive and welcome contribution.”
Revolution says the development of Cacique, Costa Rica will focus on intelligent, environmentally friendly designs that reduce energy and water demand and take advantage of spatial, wind and solar patterns to maximize natural ventilation, shade and daylight. Cacique, Costa Rica will establish a recycling and solid waste management program to neutralize the impact of this development on the surrounding environment. Additionally, Cacique will create on-site treatment facilities to re-use wastewater and will purchase its electrical power for the community from renewable sources.
Revolution Places says it is also investing in a series of local Costa Rican community initiatives that initially include:
- The donation of 1 million trees to the government-chartered Foundation for the Balance between Conservation and Development.
- The donation of hydro-geological studies of the Panama aquifer and watershed.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool