Delta Expands On-Board Recycling
Delta Air Lines has launched an on-board recycling program on its domestic flights to Delta’s flagship hub in Atlanta. During the first month of the program, Delta recycled more than 18 tons of material. The proceeds of the program will benefit Habitat for Humanity and other charities.
ENSR, part of AECOM, helped Delta develop and conduct a recycling feasibility study, establish recycling metrics for Delta’s corporate management, and implement recycling procedures for Delta’s employees. The recycling program includes all aluminum, plastic and paper products on Delta’s domestic flights into Atlanta.
Delta recently announced that it would give customers the option of buying trees to help offset carbon emissions associated with their air travel.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment