Delta Expands On-Board Recycling
Delta Air Lines has launched an on-board recycling program on its domestic flights to Delta’s flagship hub in Atlanta. During the first month of the program, Delta recycled more than 18 tons of material. The proceeds of the program will benefit Habitat for Humanity and other charities.
ENSR, part of AECOM, helped Delta develop and conduct a recycling feasibility study, establish recycling metrics for Delta’s corporate management, and implement recycling procedures for Delta’s employees. The recycling program includes all aluminum, plastic and paper products on Delta’s domestic flights into Atlanta.
Delta recently announced that it would give customers the option of buying trees to help offset carbon emissions associated with their air travel.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- MaxLite Introduces LED Lensed Retrofit Kit
- Molson Coors Saves Money, Cuts Emissions With Onsite Power
- RMI Report Traces the Rise of the Battery
- North Carolina’s Clean Energy Sector Adds Jobs, Hikes Revenue
- New Transceivers Boost Energy Efficiency Up to 20%
- Two Universities Gain by Switching Heat from Steam to Hot Water
- BrandSmart Uses PACE Financing to Upgrade
- GE’s Current Offers Energy-as-a-Service