Delta Expands On-Board Recycling
Delta Air Lines has launched an on-board recycling program on its domestic flights to Delta’s flagship hub in Atlanta. During the first month of the program, Delta recycled more than 18 tons of material. The proceeds of the program will benefit Habitat for Humanity and other charities.
ENSR, part of AECOM, helped Delta develop and conduct a recycling feasibility study, establish recycling metrics for Delta’s corporate management, and implement recycling procedures for Delta’s employees. The recycling program includes all aluminum, plastic and paper products on Delta’s domestic flights into Atlanta.
Delta recently announced that it would give customers the option of buying trees to help offset carbon emissions associated with their air travel.
Energy Manager News
- Arby’s Reports on Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
- Navigant: Smart Meter Sector Has “Plateaued”
- Nuclear Giant Exelon Wants to Invest in Wind Energy in Ohio
- Poll: 75% of Large U.S. Corporations Say They Will Buy Renewables Within 18 Months
- Duke Energy Progress Customers to See Fuel Cost-Recovery Savings
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED