Delta Expands On-Board Recycling
Delta Air Lines has launched an on-board recycling program on its domestic flights to Delta’s flagship hub in Atlanta. During the first month of the program, Delta recycled more than 18 tons of material. The proceeds of the program will benefit Habitat for Humanity and other charities.
ENSR, part of AECOM, helped Delta develop and conduct a recycling feasibility study, establish recycling metrics for Delta’s corporate management, and implement recycling procedures for Delta’s employees. The recycling program includes all aluminum, plastic and paper products on Delta’s domestic flights into Atlanta.
Delta recently announced that it would give customers the option of buying trees to help offset carbon emissions associated with their air travel.
Energy Manager News
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Jan. 29
- FERC Probes High Rates of Four Interstate Gas Pipeline Companies
- Rhode Island Launches Retail Shopping Website
- Successful Energy Managers Follow these 10 Tactics