Delta Expands On-Board Recycling
Delta Air Lines has launched an on-board recycling program on its domestic flights to Delta’s flagship hub in Atlanta. During the first month of the program, Delta recycled more than 18 tons of material. The proceeds of the program will benefit Habitat for Humanity and other charities.
ENSR, part of AECOM, helped Delta develop and conduct a recycling feasibility study, establish recycling metrics for Delta’s corporate management, and implement recycling procedures for Delta’s employees. The recycling program includes all aluminum, plastic and paper products on Delta’s domestic flights into Atlanta.
Delta recently announced that it would give customers the option of buying trees to help offset carbon emissions associated with their air travel.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market