MTV Gives ‘The Real World’ Green Slant
MTV’s 20th season of The Real World will have a green slant, Green Options reports.
The newest Real World house is going to be built using eco-friendly building principles. Plans include solar energy, bamboo flooring, recycled glass counters, some sustainable furniture and recycled decor, Energy Star appliances, a solar heated swimming pool and energy efficient lighting.
Bunim-Murray Productions, the longtime producer of the series, claims that it is also trying to green up its production practices through energy-efficiency and carbon offsetting with the goal of becoming carbon neutral.
It looks like there are lots of advertising opportunities with eco-friendly products and practices being promoted throughout the series.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports