MTV Gives ‘The Real World’ Green Slant
MTV’s 20th season of The Real World will have a green slant, Green Options reports.
The newest Real World house is going to be built using eco-friendly building principles. Plans include solar energy, bamboo flooring, recycled glass counters, some sustainable furniture and recycled decor, Energy Star appliances, a solar heated swimming pool and energy efficient lighting.
Bunim-Murray Productions, the longtime producer of the series, claims that it is also trying to green up its production practices through energy-efficiency and carbon offsetting with the goal of becoming carbon neutral.
It looks like there are lots of advertising opportunities with eco-friendly products and practices being promoted throughout the series.
Energy Manager News
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem
- Smart Computer Use Hikes Energy Efficiency
- Flint Water Crisis Uncovers Ignoble Decisions and Neglect of Existing Enviro Regs
- Trimble Acquires Sefaira
- Truman (MO) State: “We’ll Save $1 Million Annually on Energy Upgrade”
- PJM Tool Demos How Price Fluctuations, Weather Impact Customer Bills
- Study: State RPS Policies Have Yielded Sizable Consumer Savings
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break