MTV Gives ‘The Real World’ Green Slant
MTV’s 20th season of The Real World will have a green slant, Green Options reports.
The newest Real World house is going to be built using eco-friendly building principles. Plans include solar energy, bamboo flooring, recycled glass counters, some sustainable furniture and recycled decor, Energy Star appliances, a solar heated swimming pool and energy efficient lighting.
Bunim-Murray Productions, the longtime producer of the series, claims that it is also trying to green up its production practices through energy-efficiency and carbon offsetting with the goal of becoming carbon neutral.
It looks like there are lots of advertising opportunities with eco-friendly products and practices being promoted throughout the series.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Royalpark Homes to Install Solar PV + Energy Storage System
- Wabasha-Kellogg School to Invest $4M in HVAC Upgrade
- Will Boulder County Expand Net-Zero Building Requirements?
- Energy Storage Prospects Bright in Virginia, Ontario
- Sustenir to Use Illumitex LEDs in Singapore Vertical Farming
- Las Vegas Casinos Bet on Competitive Power Vendors
- Biomass: A New Plant and A Possible Conversion
- Researchers Seek to Reduce Energy Use by Motors