Carfax To Kick Off Carbon Neutral Program At Carfax 250
Carfax, which provides vehicle history reports, says it will make the company entirely carbon neutral. Carfax will offset all carbon emissions generated by its day-to-day business operations, such as corporate travel, marketing and sales operations and company-supported events.
Carfax will kick off the campaign with the Carfax 250 NASCAR Busch Series race at Michigan International Speedway on August 18, which is being billed as the first-ever carbon neutral stock car event.
“Starting with our single largest marketing initiative, the Carfax 250, we’re taking the first step to reducing our carbon footprint,” said Larry Gamache, communications director at Carfax. “It’s a lot easier than most people think to get started, but we realize there’s still a long road ahead. Through the help and support of our environmental partners, we’ll figure out those next steps.”
Carfax is making a donation to Carbonfund.org to purchase and retire carbon offsets for its operations and activities associated with the Carfax 250 NASCAR Busch Series race. This includes employee and fan travel to and from the event and onsite emissions as well, including those generated by the 43 stock cars competing in the race.
The company is working with The Conservation Fund on a long term carbon reduction plan. Future plans include opportunities for Carfax dealer customers and used car shoppers to offset the carbon emissions for the cars they buy and drive. Carfax would offer its staff opportunities to help reduce their carbon footprint as well.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment