Origins Offsets 100% Of Electricity
Beauty and wellness company Origins will purchase renewable energy certificates equal to 100 percent of the energy used by its U.S. standalone retail stores, product manufacturers in company-owned facilities, and third parties manufacturing Organics products. The RECs will be supplied by wind energy resources from New York and nationwide.
Through a contract with Community Energy, Origins will purchase 7,196,000 kilowatt hours of wind energy certificates. Compared to the average generation mix in New York and the national electric grid, the environmental benefit from this purchase is equal to offsetting approximately 4,304 metric tons of carbon dioxide, according to CEI.
Origins says it will post information on its website, as well as send email blasts to their employees and consumers informing them of the news and how they can switch to wind power.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B