Origins Offsets 100% Of Electricity
Beauty and wellness company Origins will purchase renewable energy certificates equal to 100 percent of the energy used by its U.S. standalone retail stores, product manufacturers in company-owned facilities, and third parties manufacturing Organics products. The RECs will be supplied by wind energy resources from New York and nationwide.
Through a contract with Community Energy, Origins will purchase 7,196,000 kilowatt hours of wind energy certificates. Compared to the average generation mix in New York and the national electric grid, the environmental benefit from this purchase is equal to offsetting approximately 4,304 metric tons of carbon dioxide, according to CEI.
Origins says it will post information on its website, as well as send email blasts to their employees and consumers informing them of the news and how they can switch to wind power.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store