Origins Offsets 100% Of Electricity
Beauty and wellness company Origins will purchase renewable energy certificates equal to 100 percent of the energy used by its U.S. standalone retail stores, product manufacturers in company-owned facilities, and third parties manufacturing Organics products. The RECs will be supplied by wind energy resources from New York and nationwide.
Through a contract with Community Energy, Origins will purchase 7,196,000 kilowatt hours of wind energy certificates. Compared to the average generation mix in New York and the national electric grid, the environmental benefit from this purchase is equal to offsetting approximately 4,304 metric tons of carbon dioxide, according to CEI.
Origins says it will post information on its website, as well as send email blasts to their employees and consumers informing them of the news and how they can switch to wind power.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works