Dow Corning Erects Solar Panels On Manufacturing Facility
Dow Corning has installed more than 1,000 square meters of solar panels on the roof and facades of its office and production buildings at Dow Corning GmbH in Wiesbaden, Germany.
Dow partnered with ESWE, a local utility company that manages an Innovation and Climate Protection fund to support energy efficiency and renewable energy projects.
The energy generated by the Dow Corning solar panels is fed back into the local electricity grid. In return, the company benefits from subsidies to buy electricity for its own energy needs. Dow Corning Wiesbaden commits to re- invest 30 percent of these subsidies in sustainable energy projects aiming at reducing the site’s total energy consumption.
The solar panel modules were supplied by Photowatt International SAS and contain, no surprise here, Dow Corning PV 1101 SoG Silicon.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry