Dow Corning Erects Solar Panels On Manufacturing Facility
Dow Corning has installed more than 1,000 square meters of solar panels on the roof and facades of its office and production buildings at Dow Corning GmbH in Wiesbaden, Germany.
Dow partnered with ESWE, a local utility company that manages an Innovation and Climate Protection fund to support energy efficiency and renewable energy projects.
The energy generated by the Dow Corning solar panels is fed back into the local electricity grid. In return, the company benefits from subsidies to buy electricity for its own energy needs. Dow Corning Wiesbaden commits to re- invest 30 percent of these subsidies in sustainable energy projects aiming at reducing the site’s total energy consumption.
The solar panel modules were supplied by Photowatt International SAS and contain, no surprise here, Dow Corning PV 1101 SoG Silicon.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array