Nissan Puts ‘Fuel Efficiency Gauge’ In All New Models
All future new models from Nissan will be equipped with a fuel efficiency gauge to give drivers more information on how their driving style directly relates to fuel economy.
The gauge provides the driver with both fuel-efficiency and average efficiency readings. By accelerating, For example, the driver would see an increase in fuel consumption reflected on the gauge. Based on Nissan’s trials, drivers have tended to improve efficiency habits over time, prompted by the real-time fuel-efficiency readings. Driving improvements also included smoother acceleration and braking, which potentially could lead to an average 10 percent improvement in fuel-efficiency, according to the company.
Nissan says that the introduction of the fuel efficiency gauge is part of the company’s overall efforts to launch a wide range of environmental technologies under the Nissan Green Program 2010 environmental action plan.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency
- Three NJ Communities Say No to School HVAC System Upgrades
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending September 24
- Researchers Make Gains on Combined Energy Systems, Heat Exchangers
- School Projects in MA, CO
- Pattern Energy Completes 200 MW Logan’s Gap Wind Facility in Texas
- Marine Corps Upgrading 37 Buildings at Camp Lejeune, N.C.
- Photovoltaic Projects in TN, CT