Nissan Puts ‘Fuel Efficiency Gauge’ In All New Models
All future new models from Nissan will be equipped with a fuel efficiency gauge to give drivers more information on how their driving style directly relates to fuel economy.
The gauge provides the driver with both fuel-efficiency and average efficiency readings. By accelerating, For example, the driver would see an increase in fuel consumption reflected on the gauge. Based on Nissan’s trials, drivers have tended to improve efficiency habits over time, prompted by the real-time fuel-efficiency readings. Driving improvements also included smoother acceleration and braking, which potentially could lead to an average 10 percent improvement in fuel-efficiency, according to the company.
Nissan says that the introduction of the fuel efficiency gauge is part of the company’s overall efforts to launch a wide range of environmental technologies under the Nissan Green Program 2010 environmental action plan.
Energy Manager News
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense