Nissan Puts ‘Fuel Efficiency Gauge’ In All New Models
All future new models from Nissan will be equipped with a fuel efficiency gauge to give drivers more information on how their driving style directly relates to fuel economy.
The gauge provides the driver with both fuel-efficiency and average efficiency readings. By accelerating, For example, the driver would see an increase in fuel consumption reflected on the gauge. Based on Nissan’s trials, drivers have tended to improve efficiency habits over time, prompted by the real-time fuel-efficiency readings. Driving improvements also included smoother acceleration and braking, which potentially could lead to an average 10 percent improvement in fuel-efficiency, according to the company.
Nissan says that the introduction of the fuel efficiency gauge is part of the company’s overall efforts to launch a wide range of environmental technologies under the Nissan Green Program 2010 environmental action plan.
Energy Manager News
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments