Nissan Puts ‘Fuel Efficiency Gauge’ In All New Models
All future new models from Nissan will be equipped with a fuel efficiency gauge to give drivers more information on how their driving style directly relates to fuel economy.
The gauge provides the driver with both fuel-efficiency and average efficiency readings. By accelerating, For example, the driver would see an increase in fuel consumption reflected on the gauge. Based on Nissan’s trials, drivers have tended to improve efficiency habits over time, prompted by the real-time fuel-efficiency readings. Driving improvements also included smoother acceleration and braking, which potentially could lead to an average 10 percent improvement in fuel-efficiency, according to the company.
Nissan says that the introduction of the fuel efficiency gauge is part of the company’s overall efforts to launch a wide range of environmental technologies under the Nissan Green Program 2010 environmental action plan.
Energy Manager News
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem
- Smart Computer Use Hikes Energy Efficiency