Sustainable Print Design Guide Released
Monadnock Paper Mills has released the second edition of a how-to guide for creating more sustainable print materials. A Field Guide: Eco-Friendly, Efficient and Effective Print points out alternatives for design decisions that support sustainability. New information in the second edition includes a full chapter dedicated to packaging, an expanded section on energy and emissions, and an overview of the various environmental programs, logos, and terminology that many paper mills use in their product literature today.
Designed with no bleeds and sized for efficient sheet use, the guide is an exercise in sustainability itself. Monadnock says that the message is that eco-friendly design can be cost-efficient, environmentally sensitive, and beautiful. The guide is printed on Monadnock’s Astrolite PC, a 100 percentÂ uncoated post-consumer fiber, process chlorine-free, archival quality paper. All Monadnock’s Graphic Arts Printing and Packaging Papers, including Monadnock Astrolite PC 100, are made with 100 percentÂ renewable electrical energy and are manufactured carbon neutral.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Portland Likely to Require Energy Benchmarking
- Using Building Energy Management for Factories
- New Energy System Will Save Stanford $420M
- Tire Plant Earns Superior Energy Performance Gold Certification
- Acuity Brands Acquires Indoor Location Software Company
- NJ School District Hires Honeywell for Energy Upgrades
- CODA Energy 50 kWh Storage Tower Achieves UL Certification
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System