Ford Publishes Product Sustainability Index
Ford of Europe has published a Product Sustainability Index report (PDF) covering the Ford Mondeo, Ford S-Max and Ford Galaxy.
Ford’s PSI tracks eight product attributes identified as key sustainability elements of a vehicle. These are: life cycle global warming potential (mainly carbon dioxide emissions), life cycle air quality potential (other air emissions), the use of sustainable materials (recycled and renewable materials), substance management (including TA?A??A?aV allergy-tested interior certification), exterior noise impact (drive-by noise), safety (for occupants and pedestrians), mobility capability (seat and luggage capacity relative to vehicle size) and life cycle ownership costs (full costs for the customer over the first three years).
Ford says that all three models designed to date with PSI in mind deliver improved sustainability performance in all three key areas: environmental, social and economic performance, when compared to the previous models.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland