Ford Publishes Product Sustainability Index
Ford of Europe has published a Product Sustainability Index report (PDF) covering the Ford Mondeo, Ford S-Max and Ford Galaxy.
Ford’s PSI tracks eight product attributes identified as key sustainability elements of a vehicle. These are: life cycle global warming potential (mainly carbon dioxide emissions), life cycle air quality potential (other air emissions), the use of sustainable materials (recycled and renewable materials), substance management (including TA?A??A?aV allergy-tested interior certification), exterior noise impact (drive-by noise), safety (for occupants and pedestrians), mobility capability (seat and luggage capacity relative to vehicle size) and life cycle ownership costs (full costs for the customer over the first three years).
Ford says that all three models designed to date with PSI in mind deliver improved sustainability performance in all three key areas: environmental, social and economic performance, when compared to the previous models.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike