Ford Publishes Product Sustainability Index
Ford of Europe has published a Product Sustainability Index report (PDF) covering the Ford Mondeo, Ford S-Max and Ford Galaxy.
Ford’s PSI tracks eight product attributes identified as key sustainability elements of a vehicle. These are: life cycle global warming potential (mainly carbon dioxide emissions), life cycle air quality potential (other air emissions), the use of sustainable materials (recycled and renewable materials), substance management (including TA?A??A?aV allergy-tested interior certification), exterior noise impact (drive-by noise), safety (for occupants and pedestrians), mobility capability (seat and luggage capacity relative to vehicle size) and life cycle ownership costs (full costs for the customer over the first three years).
Ford says that all three models designed to date with PSI in mind deliver improved sustainability performance in all three key areas: environmental, social and economic performance, when compared to the previous models.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.