Ford Publishes Product Sustainability Index
Ford of Europe has published a Product Sustainability Index report (PDF) covering the Ford Mondeo, Ford S-Max and Ford Galaxy.
Ford’s PSI tracks eight product attributes identified as key sustainability elements of a vehicle. These are: life cycle global warming potential (mainly carbon dioxide emissions), life cycle air quality potential (other air emissions), the use of sustainable materials (recycled and renewable materials), substance management (including TA?A??A?aV allergy-tested interior certification), exterior noise impact (drive-by noise), safety (for occupants and pedestrians), mobility capability (seat and luggage capacity relative to vehicle size) and life cycle ownership costs (full costs for the customer over the first three years).
Ford says that all three models designed to date with PSI in mind deliver improved sustainability performance in all three key areas: environmental, social and economic performance, when compared to the previous models.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners