Riverstone Installing Recyclable Carpet
Riverstone Residential Group, the nation’s largest independently owned property management company, is installing recyclable carpet into 5,000 of its rental apartment units in Colorado – nearly 33 percent of the properties the company manages in the state.
Recyclable yarn carpets being removed from existing apartments will be recycled. The company plans to incorporate the installation of recyclable carpets into all units it manages in Colorado -? close to 17,000 – over the next 18 months, and then on a continual basis as it renovates units and as products become available.
Riverstone is partnering with Arbor Contract Carpet in the venture.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend