Wireless Carrier Offsets Customer Emissions
Working Assets, a San Francisco wireless carrier with 50,000 subscribers, has a “carbon-neutral phone” program that has the company paying $55 to the Carbon Fund for a year’s worth of carbon offsets when new subscribers sign up for a year, Bits reports.
The company’s latest product is a solar-powered phone charger being released today. The company says it is the first solar-powered charger for the mobile phone market in the U.S.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds
- CMU Energy Efficiency Efforts Save $10M in 7 Years
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20