Wireless Carrier Offsets Customer Emissions
Working Assets, a San Francisco wireless carrier with 50,000 subscribers, has a “carbon-neutral phone” program that has the company paying $55 to the Carbon Fund for a year’s worth of carbon offsets when new subscribers sign up for a year, Bits reports.
The company’s latest product is a solar-powered phone charger being released today. The company says it is the first solar-powered charger for the mobile phone market in the U.S.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant