Wireless Carrier Offsets Customer Emissions
Working Assets, a San Francisco wireless carrier with 50,000 subscribers, has a “carbon-neutral phone” program that has the company paying $55 to the Carbon Fund for a year’s worth of carbon offsets when new subscribers sign up for a year, Bits reports.
The company’s latest product is a solar-powered phone charger being released today. The company says it is the first solar-powered charger for the mobile phone market in the U.S.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight