Wireless Carrier Offsets Customer Emissions
Working Assets, a San Francisco wireless carrier with 50,000 subscribers, has a “carbon-neutral phone” program that has the company paying $55 to the Carbon Fund for a year’s worth of carbon offsets when new subscribers sign up for a year, Bits reports.
The company’s latest product is a solar-powered phone charger being released today. The company says it is the first solar-powered charger for the mobile phone market in the U.S.
Energy Manager News
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- SunPower and the Army Work on Solar Project in Alabama
- Climate and Energy Policies Working
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending April 29, 2016
- Xcel Energy Files to Refund $15M to Colorado Electric Customers
- New Retail Marketplace, MassEnergyRates.com, Launches in the Bay State
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?