Wireless Carrier Offsets Customer Emissions
Working Assets, a San Francisco wireless carrier with 50,000 subscribers, has a “carbon-neutral phone” program that has the company paying $55 to the Carbon Fund for a year’s worth of carbon offsets when new subscribers sign up for a year, Bits reports.
The company’s latest product is a solar-powered phone charger being released today. The company says it is the first solar-powered charger for the mobile phone market in the U.S.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works