Alcoa Installs 588 kW Solar Power System
Alcoa partnered on the project with DEERS, a global solar power project developer and Constellation Energy Projects & Services, which constructed and will own and operate the solar system. Alcoa will purchase the electricity generated.
The power generated by more than 4,300 Uni-Solar thin film solar panels will provide approximately 80 percent of the 200,000-square-foot facility’s electricity needs. In addition to the solar panels, more than 200 solar light tubes were installed to supplement the artificial lighting in the facility with day lighting. Alcoa says it is considering similar solar power projects at other facilities.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council