Alcoa Installs 588 kW Solar Power System
Alcoa partnered on the project with DEERS, a global solar power project developer and Constellation Energy Projects & Services, which constructed and will own and operate the solar system. Alcoa will purchase the electricity generated.
The power generated by more than 4,300 Uni-Solar thin film solar panels will provide approximately 80 percent of the 200,000-square-foot facility’s electricity needs. In addition to the solar panels, more than 200 solar light tubes were installed to supplement the artificial lighting in the facility with day lighting. Alcoa says it is considering similar solar power projects at other facilities.
Energy Manager News
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs
- GM’s Renewable Efforts Build from the Ground Up
- Fairbanks Completes 4 Building Project in MA