Alcoa Installs 588 kW Solar Power System
Alcoa partnered on the project with DEERS, a global solar power project developer and Constellation Energy Projects & Services, which constructed and will own and operate the solar system. Alcoa will purchase the electricity generated.
The power generated by more than 4,300 Uni-Solar thin film solar panels will provide approximately 80 percent of the 200,000-square-foot facility’s electricity needs. In addition to the solar panels, more than 200 solar light tubes were installed to supplement the artificial lighting in the facility with day lighting. Alcoa says it is considering similar solar power projects at other facilities.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE