Top Agencies Pitch Al Gore For Alliance Account
Crispin Porter & Bogusky, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, the Martin Agency and Y&R are squaring off for the Alliance for Climate Protection (the organization formed last year by Al Gore) account, AdAge reports. The agencies are expected to present to the former vice president early next month. Media spending will likely be more than $100 million a year.
Not too long ago, a premier ad agency wouldn’t touch a campaign warning about the effects of global warming, fearing a backlash from automakers and oil companies, according to the article
A winner likely will be chosen shortly after the final pitches, given that the Alliance wants at least a soft launch online in September, with test-market advertising beginning later in the fall. A spokesman for the Alliance declined to comment, as did agency representatives.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency