Top Agencies Pitch Al Gore For Alliance Account
Crispin Porter & Bogusky, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, the Martin Agency and Y&R are squaring off for the Alliance for Climate Protection (the organization formed last year by Al Gore) account, AdAge reports. The agencies are expected to present to the former vice president early next month. Media spending will likely be more than $100 million a year.
Not too long ago, a premier ad agency wouldn’t touch a campaign warning about the effects of global warming, fearing a backlash from automakers and oil companies, according to the article
A winner likely will be chosen shortly after the final pitches, given that the Alliance wants at least a soft launch online in September, with test-market advertising beginning later in the fall. A spokesman for the Alliance declined to comment, as did agency representatives.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE