Top Agencies Pitch Al Gore For Alliance Account
Crispin Porter & Bogusky, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, the Martin Agency and Y&R are squaring off for the Alliance for Climate Protection (the organization formed last year by Al Gore) account, AdAge reports. The agencies are expected to present to the former vice president early next month. Media spending will likely be more than $100 million a year.
Not too long ago, a premier ad agency wouldn’t touch a campaign warning about the effects of global warming, fearing a backlash from automakers and oil companies, according to the article
A winner likely will be chosen shortly after the final pitches, given that the Alliance wants at least a soft launch online in September, with test-market advertising beginning later in the fall. A spokesman for the Alliance declined to comment, as did agency representatives.
Energy Manager News
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities