Top Agencies Pitch Al Gore For Alliance Account
Crispin Porter & Bogusky, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, the Martin Agency and Y&R are squaring off for the Alliance for Climate Protection (the organization formed last year by Al Gore) account, AdAge reports. The agencies are expected to present to the former vice president early next month. Media spending will likely be more than $100 million a year.
Not too long ago, a premier ad agency wouldn’t touch a campaign warning about the effects of global warming, fearing a backlash from automakers and oil companies, according to the article
A winner likely will be chosen shortly after the final pitches, given that the Alliance wants at least a soft launch online in September, with test-market advertising beginning later in the fall. A spokesman for the Alliance declined to comment, as did agency representatives.
Energy Manager News
- The Benefits of Continuous Insulation
- Humber College Gets Big Energy Research Funding Infusion
- Walk-In Cooler and Freezer Final Rule Released by DoE
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 26, 2016
- FirstEnergy Asks for $4.5 Billion to Stay in Ohio
- PNM Chafes at Delays, Seeks NMPRC Ruling in 2015 Rate Case
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant