Top Agencies Pitch Al Gore For Alliance Account
Crispin Porter & Bogusky, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, the Martin Agency and Y&R are squaring off for the Alliance for Climate Protection (the organization formed last year by Al Gore) account, AdAge reports. The agencies are expected to present to the former vice president early next month. Media spending will likely be more than $100 million a year.
Not too long ago, a premier ad agency wouldn’t touch a campaign warning about the effects of global warming, fearing a backlash from automakers and oil companies, according to the article
A winner likely will be chosen shortly after the final pitches, given that the Alliance wants at least a soft launch online in September, with test-market advertising beginning later in the fall. A spokesman for the Alliance declined to comment, as did agency representatives.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike