Virgin Games Installs Green Storage System
As part of the Virgin Group’s global drive to develop and promote environmentally-friendly businesses, Virgin Games -brands include Virgin Poker, Virgin Bingo, and Virgin Casino – is using a new storage system to consolidate multiple tiers of storage, applications and IT environments into a single platform while consuming the lowest levels of space and energy, IT Pro reports.
Leigh Brazier, Virgin Games IT and operations director said the company needed to find new storage that will be hosted offshore as part of recently implemented UK government gaming regulations.
Virgin Games chose to fit the data center out with HP Blade servers and VMWare virtualisation software, which Brazier said led the company to look for suitable storage arrays that would fit into this new IT environment. The Axiom storage system Virgin Games ended up buying from Pillar Data Systems drew the least power compared to competitor systems in its class, according to Brazier.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency