Virgin Games Installs Green Storage System
As part of the Virgin Group’s global drive to develop and promote environmentally-friendly businesses, Virgin Games -brands include Virgin Poker, Virgin Bingo, and Virgin Casino – is using a new storage system to consolidate multiple tiers of storage, applications and IT environments into a single platform while consuming the lowest levels of space and energy, IT Pro reports.
Leigh Brazier, Virgin Games IT and operations director said the company needed to find new storage that will be hosted offshore as part of recently implemented UK government gaming regulations.
Virgin Games chose to fit the data center out with HP Blade servers and VMWare virtualisation software, which Brazier said led the company to look for suitable storage arrays that would fit into this new IT environment. The Axiom storage system Virgin Games ended up buying from Pillar Data Systems drew the least power compared to competitor systems in its class, according to Brazier.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform