Virgin Games Installs Green Storage System
As part of the Virgin Group’s global drive to develop and promote environmentally-friendly businesses, Virgin Games -brands include Virgin Poker, Virgin Bingo, and Virgin Casino -Â is using aÂ new storage system to consolidate multiple tiers of storage, applications and IT environments into a single platform while consuming the lowest levels of space and energy, IT Pro reports.
Leigh Brazier, Virgin Games IT and operations director said the company needed to find new storage that will be hosted offshore as part of recently implemented UK government gaming regulations.
Virgin Games chose to fit the data center out with HP Blade servers and VMWare virtualisation software, which Brazier said led the company to look for suitable storage arrays that would fit into this new IT environment. The Axiom storage system Virgin Games ended up buying from Pillar Data Systems drew the least power compared to competitor systems in its class, according to Brazier.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses