Weather Channel Updates ‘Forecast Earth’ Campaign
The Weather Channel has updated its “Forecast Earth” campaign to include internal green initiatives, dubbing the new campaign “Forecast Earth -? Going Green At Work.”
The move includes work on a new 12,500-square-foot studio will follow a plan developed with LEED consultant and commissioning agent Working Building Inc. that includes water conservation, reduction of emissions, energy conservation, and recycling of building materials.
The Weather Channel has also established an internal commission made up of company executives and led by Cindy Jones, vice president of marketing strategy to help implement its green initiatives, which are slated to include the following:
- Cutting paper waste by substituting CDs and online access for kits and collateral materials; and when paper is necessary, use of post-consumer recycled paper,
- Xeriscaping, and
- Selective purchasing of “green” materials such as recyclable carpet with backing made from previously-recycled carpeting materials.
The Weather Channel has also launched a HR programs such as telecommuting and the encouragement of car pooling through the Clean Air Campaign.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council