ARB Issues CO2 Vehicle Emissions Instructions
The California Air Resource Board has issued a mail-out (PDF) to inform all off-road and on-road engine and vehicle manufacturers of the new requirement to report carbon dioxide emissions measured during the certification emissions tests (via Green Car Congress).
The reporting requirement is applicable to all 2008 and subsequent model year engines/vehicles and does not require any additional emissions tests. Certifying engine/vehicle manufacturers are being asked to include the measured carbon dioxide emissions in their certification applications.
Typically, CO2 emissions have been measured along with criteria pollutant emissions by the testing facilities and used in the emissions calculations. However, until now, the certification application did not require the CO2 emissions to be reported to ARB.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market