Enterprise, GM, VeraSun, Kroger Step Up FlexFuel Marketing Efforts
In July, VeraSun and Enterprise announced that they would work collaboratively to promote the use of VE85, VeraSun’s branded E85, in Enterprise’s FlexFuel vehicles. The partnership concentrates Enterprise’s FlexFuel vehicles near VE85 fueling locations.
Enterprise’s fleet includes 41,000 FlexFuel vehicles that can burn E85. The Cincinnati rental location will have about 25 GM FlexFuel vehicles available for rental. Enterprise is providing in-car materials showing the locations of Kroger’s Ohio VE85 fueling stations, and offering information on the environmental benefits of the fuel.
Enterprise will also designate car rental locations in Columbus and Dayton as VE85/FlexFuel branches that are committed to fuel their FlexFuel vehicles at Kroger’s stations.
In addition to publicizing data about its fleet, the company has decided to push efforts such as its underwriting the planting of 50 million trees over the next 50 years at a total cost of $50 million dollars into the forefront of Enterprise’s public image.
Seventy-two percent of travelers want rental car companies to offer hybrid vehicles, according to a recent Priceline.com survey of rental customers.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE