55% Of Companies Have ‘Green Data Center Action Plans’
About 55 percentÃ‚Â of companies have established detailed strategies for making their data centers more energy efficient, according toÃ‚Â a survey of senior and C-level executives that will be released next month by data center operator Digital Realty Trust, Information Week reports.
More than half of those surveyed are actually putting together green data center action plans, have serious management support of such programs, and are providing budgeting to green strategies.
Sixty percent of those surveyed said their green strategy will become an important factor in vendor selection over the next two years.
Digital Reality Trust joined the Green Grid in May.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland