Qantas Plans September Takeoff For Carbon Offset Program
The company hasn’t said how much the offsets will increase the price of a ticket. Qantas will cover the charge for its first day of the program’s operation.
The company says that the environmental programs supported by the program have been independently verified and authenticated by the commonwealth government Australian Greenhouse Office.
Delta recently became the first U.S. airline to offer consumers a similar option.
British Airways has taken some heat in the past for not putting enough marketing muscle behind its voluntary program.
Energy Manager News
- Arby’s Reports on Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
- Navigant: Smart Meter Sector Has “Plateaued”
- Nuclear Giant Exelon Wants to Invest in Wind Energy in Ohio
- Poll: 75% of Large U.S. Corporations Say They Will Buy Renewables Within 18 Months
- Duke Energy Progress Customers to See Fuel Cost-Recovery Savings
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED