Qantas Plans September Takeoff For Carbon Offset Program
The company hasn’t said how much the offsets will increase the price of a ticket. Qantas will cover the charge for its first day of the program’s operation.
The company says that the environmental programs supported by the program have been independently verified and authenticated by the commonwealth government Australian Greenhouse Office.
Delta recently became the first U.S. airline to offer consumers a similar option.
British Airways has taken some heat in the past for not putting enough marketing muscle behind its voluntary program.
Energy Manager News
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned
- Energy Managers Buoyed By Supreme Court’s Demand Response Decision
- Dover, N.H., Saves More Than Projected Under EPC
- Datacenters Underestimating Coal Use
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA