Qantas Plans September Takeoff For Carbon Offset Program
The company hasn’t said how much the offsets will increase the price of a ticket. Qantas will cover the charge for its first day of the program’s operation.
The company says that the environmental programs supported by the program have been independently verified and authenticated by the commonwealth government Australian Greenhouse Office.
Delta recently became the first U.S. airline to offer consumers a similar option.
British Airways has taken some heat in the past for not putting enough marketing muscle behind its voluntary program.
Energy Manager News
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes
- Florida Supreme Court Puts Kibosh on FPL Fracking Charge
- Restaurant Supply Company Bakes Energy Efficiency into New Facility