Qantas Plans September Takeoff For Carbon Offset Program
The company hasn’t said how much the offsets will increase the price of a ticket. Qantas will cover the charge for its first day of the program’s operation.
The company says that the environmental programs supported by the program have been independently verified and authenticated by the commonwealth government Australian Greenhouse Office.
Delta recently became the first U.S. airline to offer consumers a similar option.
British Airways has taken some heat in the past for not putting enough marketing muscle behind its voluntary program.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls