HP Expands China Recycling Program
Hewlett-Packard has begun recycling PCs and other products for Chinese consumers and small businesses, expanding a free program that already existed for large companies, PC World reports.
HP computers and other products, such as printers, monitors, and scanners, can be dropped off at service centers in 31 Chinese cities. The products will be sorted by HP and then sent out for recycling in China.
Last December, Dell announced a program that will recycle PCs and other equipment for corporate customers in China.
In July, HP hit the 1 billion pound mark for electronics recycling.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls