Reckitt Benckiser Ads Detail Green Advantages Of Dishwashers
Ads for Reckitt Benckiser’s automatic dishwasher detergent brands contend that consumers could save water and energy by using a dishwasher rather than washing dishes by hand, The New York Times reports.
A German TV ad says that consumers can reduce water use 85 percent with a dishwasher, according to The Times. That is 700 million bathtubs full of water a year across Germany, according to the ad, created by the agency Euro RSCG. Reckitt cites research from the University of Bonn to back up its claim.
Referring to one of its European brand dishwashing products, it said: “So Calgonit is not only good for your dishes but for our future, too. Be a part of it.”
In South Africa, the Advertising Standards Authority recently banned advertisements for Reckitt’s Finish that claimed that automatic dishwashers used 50 percent less energy and one-tenth the water.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management