Suncor Releases Climate Change Progress Report
In addition to documenting Suncor’s emissions record in 2006, this year’s report examines the climate change challenges being faced by the company and its stakeholders, as well as opportunities and strategies for positive action, according to Suncor..
The company says that company-wide absolute emissions are up 131 percent since its baseline of 1990. It has reduced emissions per barrel of oil 26 percent since 1990. At its oil sands operation, emission intensity has been reduced by 51 percent during the same time frame.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency