Suncor Releases Climate Change Progress Report
In addition to documenting Suncor’s emissions record in 2006, this year’s report examines the climate change challenges being faced by the company and its stakeholders, as well as opportunities and strategies for positive action, according to Suncor..
The company says that company-wide absolute emissions are up 131 percent since its baseline of 1990. It has reduced emissions per barrel of oil 26 percent since 1990. At its oil sands operation, emission intensity has been reduced by 51 percent during the same time frame.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform