Suncor Releases Climate Change Progress Report
In addition to documenting Suncor’s emissions record in 2006, this year’s report examines the climate change challenges being faced by the company and its stakeholders, as well as opportunities and strategies for positive action, according to Suncor..
The company says that company-wide absolute emissions are up 131 percent since its baseline of 1990. It has reduced emissions per barrel of oil 26 percent since 1990. At its oil sands operation, emission intensity has been reduced by 51 percent during the same time frame.
Energy Manager News
- New York Solar Installations Soar 300%
- Tiny, Solar-Powered Circuit Is 80% Efficient
- California Grid to Maintain Reliability Despite Drought
- Largest Solar Project Installed on Closed Landfill Under Consideration
- TerraForm Buys 930 MW Wind Portfolio for $2B
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M