Ceres Takes Applications For 2007 Sustainability Report Awards
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants and Ceres, a U.S.-based coalition of investors and environmental groups, are calling for submissions to the sixth annual Ceres-ACCA North American Awards for Sustainability Reporting. The application deadline (applicant info PDF, full application form PDF) is Oct. 26 and the winners will be announced in spring 2008.
The purpose of the awards is to acknowledge and publicize best practice in reporting on sustainability, environmental and social performance by corporations and organizations and to provide leadership to those companies that are publishing or intend to publish sustainability reports.
This year’s awards will feature a climate change theme. The panel of judges will analyze how companies are reporting on the risks and opportunities related to climate change and highlight examples of best practice.
In April, Vancity Group won the top prize for Best Sustainability Report in the sixth annual Ceres-ACCA North American Awards for Sustainability Reporting. The runner-up was Bristol-Myers Squibb. The Award for Best First-Time report was jointly won by Mountain Equipment Co-op and Green Mountain Coffee Roasters.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid
- Pacific Power Names Three wattsmart Business Partners of the Year
- 2014 Better Than 2013 for Distributed Wind Turbines, But Far Below 2012
- Making Efficiency Attractive to Investors
- Hydrogen from Landfill Powers Forklifts at BMW Plant
- Big Energy Savings for Hoke, N.C., Schools
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts Unlock Deep Savings
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments