Ceres Takes Applications For 2007 Sustainability Report Awards
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants and Ceres, a U.S.-based coalition of investors and environmental groups, are calling for submissions to the sixth annual Ceres-ACCA North American Awards for Sustainability Reporting. The application deadline (applicant info PDF, full application form PDF) is Oct. 26 and the winners will be announced in spring 2008.
The purpose of the awards is to acknowledge and publicize best practice in reporting on sustainability, environmental and social performance by corporations and organizations and to provide leadership to those companies that are publishing or intend to publish sustainability reports.
This year’s awards will feature a climate change theme. The panel of judges will analyze how companies are reporting on the risks and opportunities related to climate change and highlight examples of best practice.
In April, Vancity Group won the top prize for Best Sustainability Report in the sixth annual Ceres-ACCA North American Awards for Sustainability Reporting. The runner-up was Bristol-Myers Squibb. The Award for Best First-Time report was jointly won by Mountain Equipment Co-op and Green Mountain Coffee Roasters.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency