Ceres Takes Applications For 2007 Sustainability Report Awards
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants and Ceres, a U.S.-based coalition of investors and environmental groups, are calling for submissions to the sixth annual Ceres-ACCA North American Awards for Sustainability Reporting. The application deadline (applicant info PDF, full application form PDF) is Oct. 26 and the winners will be announced in spring 2008.
The purpose of the awards is to acknowledge and publicize best practice in reporting on sustainability, environmental and social performance by corporations and organizations and to provide leadership to those companies that are publishing or intend to publish sustainability reports.
This year’s awards will feature a climate change theme. The panel of judges will analyze how companies are reporting on the risks and opportunities related to climate change and highlight examples of best practice.
In April, Vancity Group won the top prize for Best Sustainability Report in the sixth annual Ceres-ACCA North American Awards for Sustainability Reporting. The runner-up was Bristol-Myers Squibb. The Award for Best First-Time report was jointly won by Mountain Equipment Co-op and Green Mountain Coffee Roasters.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform