Bellcomb Offsets Emissions
Bellcomb Technologies, a manufacturer of honeycomb panels, has made all of its operations and facilities carbon neutral through a combination of conservation efforts and the purchasing of carbon offsets.
Bellcomb’s annual footprint is 974 tons of carbon dioxide.
Bellcomb put together a multidisciplinary team of Bellcomb’s management and engineers to analyze the company’s existing greenhouse gas emissions, evaluate options for change and investigate investments in carbon offsets. The next step is the development of a long-term plan, which Bellcomb says will let it meet high standards of energy efficiency, environmental performance and sustainability.
The company purchased the offsets through Carbonfund.org.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls