Bellcomb Offsets Emissions
Bellcomb Technologies, a manufacturer of honeycomb panels, has made all of its operations and facilities carbon neutral through a combination of conservation efforts and the purchasing of carbon offsets.
Bellcomb’s annual footprint is 974 tons of carbon dioxide.
Bellcomb put together a multidisciplinary team of Bellcomb’s management and engineers to analyze the company’s existing greenhouse gas emissions, evaluate options for change and investigate investments in carbon offsets. The next step is the development of a long-term plan, which Bellcomb says will let it meet high standards of energy efficiency, environmental performance and sustainability.
The company purchased the offsets through Carbonfund.org.
Energy Manager News
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy