5 Questions To Ask Before Launching A Green Promo
Using green promotions -? incentives that have environmental benefit – to drive acquisition, is gaining popularity, Marketing Green reports.
For example, Volkswagen of America offers to offset carbon emissions of purchased cars for one year, Metabank gives 10,000 lbs of CO2 offsets to people that sign up for their green card, and Moss Real Estate Group offsets carbon emissions for buyers and sellers for one year.
How successful green promotions will be remains uncertain. Testing, according to the article, should seek to answer these five questions:
- What value do consumers place on green benefits, either perceived or actual? How does this value differ by target segment and product category?
- Who should be the recipient of this benefit – the individual consumer or society?
- Do green benefits expand the market or simply reward those that would already purchase a product or service?
- Do green benefits impact average customer lifetime value positively or negatively over time?
- Do green benefits generate brand value by positioning the company as more socially responsible?
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store