5 Questions To Ask Before Launching A Green Promo
Using green promotions -? incentives that have environmental benefit – to drive acquisition, is gaining popularity, Marketing Green reports.
For example, Volkswagen of America offers to offset carbon emissions of purchased cars for one year, Metabank gives 10,000 lbs of CO2 offsets to people that sign up for their green card, and Moss Real Estate Group offsets carbon emissions for buyers and sellers for one year.
How successful green promotions will be remains uncertain. Testing, according to the article, should seek to answer these five questions:
- What value do consumers place on green benefits, either perceived or actual? How does this value differ by target segment and product category?
- Who should be the recipient of this benefit – the individual consumer or society?
- Do green benefits expand the market or simply reward those that would already purchase a product or service?
- Do green benefits impact average customer lifetime value positively or negatively over time?
- Do green benefits generate brand value by positioning the company as more socially responsible?
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council