5 Questions To Ask Before Launching A Green Promo
Using green promotions -? incentives that have environmental benefit – to drive acquisition, is gaining popularity, Marketing Green reports.
For example, Volkswagen of America offers to offset carbon emissions of purchased cars for one year, Metabank gives 10,000 lbs of CO2 offsets to people that sign up for their green card, and Moss Real Estate Group offsets carbon emissions for buyers and sellers for one year.
How successful green promotions will be remains uncertain. Testing, according to the article, should seek to answer these five questions:
- What value do consumers place on green benefits, either perceived or actual? How does this value differ by target segment and product category?
- Who should be the recipient of this benefit – the individual consumer or society?
- Do green benefits expand the market or simply reward those that would already purchase a product or service?
- Do green benefits impact average customer lifetime value positively or negatively over time?
- Do green benefits generate brand value by positioning the company as more socially responsible?
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls