5 Questions To Ask Before Launching A Green Promo
Using green promotions -? incentives that have environmental benefit – to drive acquisition, is gaining popularity, Marketing Green reports.
For example, Volkswagen of America offers to offset carbon emissions of purchased cars for one year, Metabank gives 10,000 lbs of CO2 offsets to people that sign up for their green card, and Moss Real Estate Group offsets carbon emissions for buyers and sellers for one year.
How successful green promotions will be remains uncertain. Testing, according to the article, should seek to answer these five questions:
- What value do consumers place on green benefits, either perceived or actual? How does this value differ by target segment and product category?
- Who should be the recipient of this benefit – the individual consumer or society?
- Do green benefits expand the market or simply reward those that would already purchase a product or service?
- Do green benefits impact average customer lifetime value positively or negatively over time?
- Do green benefits generate brand value by positioning the company as more socially responsible?
Energy Manager News
- New Energy Efficiency Law Could be Boon for HVAC Industry
- Black & Veatch World Headquarters Microgrid
- Caterpillar, First Solar Join to Develop Microgrids
- Hospital Reduces Energy 12%
- Cree LEDs Light 42-Campus Toledo Public School District
- Soraa Offers LED with Wireless Control
- States Use Energy Resource Permanent Funds for Various Purposes
- One Man’s Experience with Engaging Building Operators