Applied Materials Releases Environmental Report
Applied Materials has released its 2007 Environmental Responsibility Report.
The report (PDF) includes performance data on the company’s energy consumption, greenhouse gas emissions, water and waste management, and volatile organic compounds usage.
During the past two years, greenhouse gas emissions, measured in tons of carbon dioxide equivalents, fell 20 percent in absolute terms and 30 percent when normalized by revenue. The majority of the reduction was a direct result in the decrease in electricity (down nine percent in absolute terms) and natural gas (down 44 percent overall), according to the report.
In March, the company announced it will install the largest solar power installation on an existing corporate facility in the U.S. The plan calls for over 1.9 megawatts of solar power generation capability at its research campus in Sunnyvale, California.
It purchases 8,220,000 kilowatt-hours of renewable energy annually from wind and solar generation sources in California.
Energy Manager News
- Advances and Challenges for the Bioenergy Sector
- From Coal Plant to Battery Storage Facility
- Hubbell Introduces ASL LED
- Two Laws Set an Aggressive Energy Course for California
- Singapore Testing Floating Solar Panels
- Daikin Takes a Minority Stake in Riptide IO
- The Forecast is Good for the Solar Industry
- Honeywell Upgrading Rock Island Arsenal Garrison