Icelandic Glacial Wins Sustainability Award
Icelandic Glacial Natural Spring Water took the top environmental prize at this year’s BottledWaterWorld awards in Mexico.
With the industry facing pressure over its impact on the environment, the theme of this year’s event centered on sustainable growth and ethical endeavors, Icelandic Glacial’s CarbonNeutral initiative overcame competition from major global beverage brands such as Coca-Cola and Nestle, according to Icelandic.
The sustainability award recognizes efforts that range from lightweighting to energy efficiency and from recycling efforts to eco-friendly projects, with the award going to the company who is delivering the most significant environmental benefit.
The company recently signed a distribution agreement with Anheuser-Busch – with AB taking a 20 percent stake in the company. “The distribution agreement with Anheuser-Busch certainly opens up new doors for us moving into 2008,” says Jon Olafsson, Chairman of Icelandic Glacial. “We plan to build on our current environmental platform, improving and developing even further – it really is an exciting time.”
Other finalists in the sustainability category included The Danube Box, a pack of education materials on water conservation being produced by Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company in Austria and Davamond, an Iranian partnership company of Groupe Danone, which has teamed up with Unicef to help finance children’s education projects.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment