Hill Phoenix Releases Sustainability Report
Hill Phoenix, a Dover Company that manufactures commercial refrigeration systems and products, has published its first Sustainability Report (PDF).In the Report, Hill Phoenix outlines the Sustainable Environment Management System they designed to implement what will be a company-wide program that includes every area and department of the company.
In 2006, Hill Phoenix says it reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 23 percent, reduced volatile organic compound emissions by 78 percent, reduced metal consumption by 28 percent, and increased cardboard recycling by 18 percent.
Overall, the company says it reduced electricity use 29 percent, reduced natural gas use by 50 percent, and reduced propane use by 26 percent.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency