Hill Phoenix Releases Sustainability Report
Hill Phoenix, a Dover Company that manufactures commercial refrigeration systems and products, has published its first Sustainability Report (PDF).In the Report, Hill Phoenix outlines the Sustainable Environment Management System they designed to implement what will be a company-wide program that includes every area and department of the company.
In 2006, Hill Phoenix says it reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 23 percent, reduced volatile organic compound emissions by 78 percent, reduced metal consumption by 28 percent, and increased cardboard recycling by 18 percent.
Overall, the company says it reduced electricity use 29 percent, reduced natural gas use by 50 percent, and reduced propane use by 26 percent.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned