Hill Phoenix Releases Sustainability Report
Hill Phoenix, a Dover Company that manufactures commercial refrigeration systems and products, has published its first Sustainability Report (PDF).In the Report, Hill Phoenix outlines the Sustainable Environment Management System they designed to implement what will be a company-wide program that includes every area and department of the company.
In 2006, Hill Phoenix says it reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 23 percent, reduced volatile organic compound emissions by 78 percent, reduced metal consumption by 28 percent, and increased cardboard recycling by 18 percent.
Overall, the company says it reduced electricity use 29 percent, reduced natural gas use by 50 percent, and reduced propane use by 26 percent.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store