Hill Phoenix Releases Sustainability Report
Hill Phoenix, a Dover Company that manufactures commercial refrigeration systems and products, has published its first Sustainability Report (PDF).In the Report, Hill Phoenix outlines the Sustainable Environment Management System they designed to implement what will be a company-wide program that includes every area and department of the company.
In 2006, Hill Phoenix says it reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 23 percent, reduced volatile organic compound emissions by 78 percent, reduced metal consumption by 28 percent, and increased cardboard recycling by 18 percent.
Overall, the company says it reduced electricity use 29 percent, reduced natural gas use by 50 percent, and reduced propane use by 26 percent.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B