Dell Launches New Asset Recovery & Recycling Program For Small Businesses
Dell, which recently called out other computer manufacturers on recycling, has launched an online product recovery and recycling service aimed at business customers with fewer than 10 computers which starts at $25 per item.
In addition to online management and tracking, Dell’s program provides a report of how the system’s data was cleansed and how the system was recycled. Customers also have the option of ordering packaging.
“We think this is a great example of program innovation meeting environmental leadership,” said Kate Krebs, executive director of the National Recycling Coalition. “By simplifying the process for small businesses, Dell is helping to fill what for many years has been a missing link in responsible asset recovery.”
A recent IDC survey commissioned by Dell found that small companies are far less likely to use IT disposal services compared with medium- and large-size companies. An estimated 11 percent of companies with fewer than 100 employees intend to use an IT disposal service, compared with 65 percent of companies with 10,000 or more employees.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves