Tiremaker Launches Green Social Network
“This is a content-rich site that doubles as a ‘MySpace-like’ social network,'” says Fred Koplin, YTC director of marketing. “Our goal is to create an entertaining, newsy, socially relevant site. A perfect example is that we are going to be receiving regular online reports from four recent college grads making a 40,000-mile road trip from Southern California to the tip of South America, all created to promote green living and a sustainable lifestyle.”
YTC’s parent company, Yokohama Rubber Company, recently issued an environmental mandate, known as Grand Design 100, to coincide with the organization’s 100th anniversary in 2017. The plan, available on the new site, outlines Yokohama’s plans to reduce the environmental impact made by its products.
Energy Manager News
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Feb. 5
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate