Tiremaker Launches Green Social Network
“This is a content-rich site that doubles as a ‘MySpace-like’ social network,'” says Fred Koplin, YTC director of marketing. “Our goal is to create an entertaining, newsy, socially relevant site. A perfect example is that we are going to be receiving regular online reports from four recent college grads making a 40,000-mile road trip from Southern California to the tip of South America, all created to promote green living and a sustainable lifestyle.”
YTC’s parent company, Yokohama Rubber Company, recently issued an environmental mandate, known as Grand Design 100, to coincide with the organization’s 100th anniversary in 2017. The plan, available on the new site, outlines Yokohama’s plans to reduce the environmental impact made by its products.
Energy Manager News
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED