Yahoo, PG&E Give Away CFLs for Lights Out Campaign
San Francisco businesses and residents are being asked to turn out the lights from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 20 as part of an energy conservation campaign organized by Lights Out San Francisco, Mercury News reports.
Pacific Gas & Electric and Yahoo have donated more than 100,000 compact fluorescent light bulbs that will be given away during the next month. Sponsors include Esurance, Safeway, and Integrated Archive systems.
Lights Out organizers are also working on a national campaign that calls for voluntary brownouts on March 29 in 15 U.S. cities, including New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs