Yahoo, PG&E Give Away CFLs for Lights Out Campaign
San Francisco businesses and residents are being asked to turn out the lights from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 20 as part of an energy conservation campaign organized by Lights Out San Francisco, Mercury News reports.
Pacific Gas & Electric and Yahoo have donated more than 100,000 compact fluorescent light bulbs that will be given away during the next month. Sponsors include Esurance, Safeway, and Integrated Archive systems.
Lights Out organizers are also working on a national campaign that calls for voluntary brownouts on March 29 in 15 U.S. cities, including New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas.
Energy Manager News
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016