Yahoo, PG&E Give Away CFLs for Lights Out Campaign
San Francisco businesses and residents are being asked to turn out the lights from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 20 as part of an energy conservation campaign organized by Lights Out San Francisco, Mercury News reports.
Pacific Gas & Electric and Yahoo have donated more than 100,000 compact fluorescent light bulbs that will be given away during the next month. Sponsors include Esurance, Safeway, and Integrated Archive systems.
Lights Out organizers are also working on a national campaign that calls for voluntary brownouts on March 29 in 15 U.S. cities, including New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures