Yahoo, PG&E Give Away CFLs for Lights Out Campaign
San Francisco businesses and residents are being asked to turn out the lights from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 20 as part of an energy conservation campaign organized by Lights Out San Francisco, Mercury News reports.
Pacific Gas & Electric and Yahoo have donated more than 100,000 compact fluorescent light bulbs that will be given away during the next month. Sponsors include Esurance, Safeway, and Integrated Archive systems.
Lights Out organizers are also working on a national campaign that calls for voluntary brownouts on March 29 in 15 U.S. cities, including New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland