Yahoo, PG&E Give Away CFLs for Lights Out Campaign
San Francisco businesses and residents are being asked to turn out the lights from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 20 as part of an energy conservation campaign organized by Lights Out San Francisco, Mercury News reports.
Pacific Gas & Electric and Yahoo have donated more than 100,000 compact fluorescent light bulbs that will be given away during the next month. Sponsors include Esurance, Safeway, and Integrated Archive systems.
Lights Out organizers are also working on a national campaign that calls for voluntary brownouts on March 29 in 15 U.S. cities, including New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macy‚Äôs Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses