Neenah Brands Go Carbon Neutral
Neenah Paper says that six of its brands, Classic Crest, Classic Linen, Classic Laid, Classic Columns, Classic Cotton, and Starwhite brands, are now manufactured carbon neutral.
Neenah says it has reduced its net reductions in greenhouse gas emissions by buying Green-e certified renewable energy and other renewable energy sources, and by making energy saving upgrades – the company says it has reengineered its process water treatment system at its Neenah, Wis., mill to operate at significantly reduced noise levels and increased treatment efficiency while at the same time consuming less energy.
Neenah first purchased over 10 million kWh of Green-e certified renewable energy from Wisconsin’s We Energies in August 2006, and has more than quadrupled its commitment to 48.7 million kWh. Neenah joined the Chicago Climate Exchange in May.
In July, Mohawk Fine Papers began offsetting 100 percent of the annual electric power consumption across all its operations in New York and Ohio with the purchase of 100 million kWh of renewable energy certificates.
Monadnock Paper Mills recently released the second edition of a how-to guide for creating more sustainable print materials. A Field Guide: Eco-Friendly, Efficient and Effective Print points out alternatives for design decisions that support sustainability.
Legion Paper, a supplier of fine art paper, a leading supplier of fine art paper, launched an eco-friendly paper classification system earlier this month.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Aspen Now 100% Powered by Renewable Resources
- Energy Efficiency: Building Owners Increasingly “Get It”
- 3 Technologies that Will Keep Energy Costs in Check
- Anaerobic Digester Project Starts on Long Island, NY
- Seward to Use Resurrection Bay for Heat
- An Iconic Structure Gets Certified Silver By LEED
- Sioux City, Woodbury County Getting LED Upgrade
- Buzz Oates Group Mounts Big LED Retrofit Project in Sacramento