Memorex Launches Tree Planting Campaign For ReNew Product Line
Imation’s Memorex has teamed with the Arbor Day Foundation to launch a campaign for its ReNew line of consumer electronics. Each time a product is purchased through Nov. 30, 2007, Memorex will make a donation to the Arbor Day Foundation, adding a minimum of 75,000 trees to U.S. national forests.
Specifically, Memorex will fund the planting of three new trees for each ReNew digital picture frame, two trees for each ReNew Alarm Clock and ReNew Digital Music Player,and one tree for each ReNew Boombox and ReNew iPod Speaker.
Memorex says that the Renew product line was specifically designed to minimize impact on the environment through choices in product design, manufacturing and packaging. The products use some recycled plastics, meet RoHS standards, is packaged in recycled cardboard, and includes inserts and website information on recycling.
“Design decisions combined with the replanting of trees – each of which may remove more than one ton of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere in its lifetime – help offset the carbon footprint of the products,” said Sergio Castillo, director, Imation Electronics Products Division. “In designing the ReNew line, our team was driven to make decisions that were more environmentally aware, including using recycled plastics in the products themselves, and substantially reducing the amount of packaging waste.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend
- Energy Management: The Internet of Things Changes Everything
- Big Biogas Project Underway Down Under
- Kroger, Love’s Sign with LSI Industries