Office Depot Releases Corporate Citizenship Report, Announces Green Building Plans
Office Depot released its 2007 Corporate Citizenship Report, “Fulfilling Our Vision – Living Our Values.”
The Corporate Citizenship Report is a combined version of Office Depot’s past Community Relations, Environmental Stewardship and Sustainable Value Reports.
According to the report, the company reduced absolute greenhouse gas emissions from North American facilities by over 10% while increasing facilities 4.5%.
The company also reports that it:
• Saved nearly 66 million kWh of electricity due to energy efficiency and conservation efforts in North American warehouses and stores;
• Avoided approximately $6.2 million in electricity costs due to energy efficiency and conservation efforts in North American facilities; and
• Retrofitted nearly entire store chain (1,186 stores in North American) to T5 high-output lighting; and
The Company also announced it will open its first LEED-certified retail store in Austin, Texas in mid-2008. The company will “investigate” having its store prototype LEED-certified as well.
Energy Manager News
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money