Office Depot Releases Corporate Citizenship Report, Announces Green Building Plans
Office Depot released its 2007 Corporate Citizenship Report, “Fulfilling Our Vision – Living Our Values.”
The Corporate Citizenship Report is a combined version of Office Depot’s past Community Relations, Environmental Stewardship and Sustainable Value Reports.
According to the report, the company reduced absolute greenhouse gas emissions from North American facilities by over 10% while increasing facilities 4.5%.
The company also reports that it:
• Saved nearly 66 million kWh of electricity due to energy efficiency and conservation efforts in North American warehouses and stores;
• Avoided approximately $6.2 million in electricity costs due to energy efficiency and conservation efforts in North American facilities; and
• Retrofitted nearly entire store chain (1,186 stores in North American) to T5 high-output lighting; and
The Company also announced it will open its first LEED-certified retail store in Austin, Texas in mid-2008. The company will “investigate” having its store prototype LEED-certified as well.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Anaerobic Digester Project Starts on Long Island, NY
- Seward to Use Resurrection Bay for Heat
- An Iconic Structure Gets Certified Silver By Leeds
- Sioux City, Woodbury County Getting LED Upgrade
- Buzz Oates Group Mounts Big LED Retrofit Project in Sacramento
- ORNL Building Efficiency Software Available as Open Source Code
- General Mills: We’ll Invest $100M to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Oregon Correctional Institution Saves with LEDs