Roche Global Winner Of FT/Citi Private Bank Environmental Awards
Roche was the winner among large-cap European companies and was also named the global winner, Con Edison was the leading large-cap entry from the Americas, and Mackies was the winner among European small and medium-sized companies.
Roche achieved a 31 percent improvement in its carbon efficiency between 2005 and 2006, with an absolute reduction of 19 percent. Con Edison, over the same period, managed an efficiency improvement of 20 percent and an absolute reduction in direct emissions of 17 percent. Mackies has installed three wind turbines to meet all its electricity needs, improving its carbon efficiency by almost 70 percent and its absolute emissions by 66 percent.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters