Roche Global Winner Of FT/Citi Private Bank Environmental Awards
Roche was the winner among large-cap European companies and was also named the global winner, Con Edison was the leading large-cap entry from the Americas, and Mackies was the winner among European small and medium-sized companies.
Roche achieved a 31 percent improvement in its carbon efficiency between 2005 and 2006, with an absolute reduction of 19 percent. Con Edison, over the same period, managed an efficiency improvement of 20 percent and an absolute reduction in direct emissions of 17 percent. Mackies has installed three wind turbines to meet all its electricity needs, improving its carbon efficiency by almost 70 percent and its absolute emissions by 66 percent.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners