Roche Global Winner Of FT/Citi Private Bank Environmental Awards
Roche was the winner among large-cap European companies and was also named the global winner, Con Edison was the leading large-cap entry from the Americas, and Mackies was the winner among European small and medium-sized companies.
Roche achieved a 31 percent improvement in its carbon efficiency between 2005 and 2006, with an absolute reduction of 19 percent. Con Edison, over the same period, managed an efficiency improvement of 20 percent and an absolute reduction in direct emissions of 17 percent. Mackies has installed three wind turbines to meet all its electricity needs, improving its carbon efficiency by almost 70 percent and its absolute emissions by 66 percent.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports