Roche Global Winner Of FT/Citi Private Bank Environmental Awards
Roche was the winner among large-cap European companies and was also named the global winner, Con Edison was the leading large-cap entry from the Americas, and Mackies was the winner among European small and medium-sized companies.
Roche achieved a 31 percent improvement in its carbon efficiency between 2005 and 2006, with an absolute reduction of 19 percent. Con Edison, over the same period, managed an efficiency improvement of 20 percent and an absolute reduction in direct emissions of 17 percent. Mackies has installed three wind turbines to meet all its electricity needs, improving its carbon efficiency by almost 70 percent and its absolute emissions by 66 percent.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV