Roche Global Winner Of FT/Citi Private Bank Environmental Awards
Roche was the winner among large-cap European companies and was also named the global winner, Con Edison was the leading large-cap entry from the Americas, and Mackies was the winner among European small and medium-sized companies.
Roche achieved a 31 percent improvement in its carbon efficiency between 2005 and 2006, with an absolute reduction of 19 percent. Con Edison, over the same period, managed an efficiency improvement of 20 percent and an absolute reduction in direct emissions of 17 percent. Mackies has installed three wind turbines to meet all its electricity needs, improving its carbon efficiency by almost 70 percent and its absolute emissions by 66 percent.
Energy Manager News
- Maryland Electric Coops Mount FERC Challenge to Community Solar Garden Retail Prices
- SEIA Releases Updated Version of ‘Guide to Federal Tax Incentives’
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power