Staples Breaks Ground On LEED Store
Staples is breaking ground on what it says is Miami’s first green retail building registered with the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED program. This will be the first store of its kind for Staples.
MK Real Estate Group is building the 2121 Biscayne Boulevard Staples store in compliance with LEED silver certification standards.
“Staples is committed to sustainable business practices throughout our organization, and we make it easy for customers to make a difference for the environment – what we call EcoEasy,” said Royce Reed, regional vice president of sales and operations for Staples stores in South Florida. “Sustainable building design helps us conserve natural resources, reduce waste and create a healthier environment for our local communities. It’s also good, smart business. When completed, the 2121 Biscayne Staples will make it easy for customers to get the office products and services they need, including many eco-friendly products and recycling offerings.”
In July, Staples released information on its corporate responsibility initiatives in its 2006 Staples Soul Report.
Energy Manager News
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes