Yahoo Unveils New Green Icon
Yahoo’s green icon challenge has ended and web visitors have picked a design, Earth Point!, by Leah Dickey, as the winner, TreeHugger reports. This is the icon that the search giant will use to help signify and flag greener things all over their network of sites – everything from making green purchases to finding the most fuel-efficient cars. The chosen design, according to Yahoo, will be seen possibly billions of times on Yahoo!’s product pages, by a global audience of more than 500 million people.
What’s most surprising is that the contest received fewer than 500 entries from that global audience of 500 million.
Yahoo is finalizing the icon through various usability measures and preparing it to appear across the network in properties such as Yahoo! Autos, Yahoo! Groups and Yahoo! Shopping.
Info on the winners and runner ups can be found here.
Energy Manager News
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant
- FAA Pays to Upgrade Airport Hangar Heating
- Maryland Electric Coops Mount FERC Challenge to Community Solar Garden Retail Prices
- SEIA Releases Updated Version of ‘Guide to Federal Tax Incentives’
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps