Yahoo Unveils New Green Icon
Yahoo’s green icon challenge has ended and web visitors have picked a design, Earth Point!, by Leah Dickey, as the winner, TreeHugger reports. This is the icon that the search giant will use to help signify and flag greener things all over their network of sites – everything from making green purchases to finding the most fuel-efficient cars. The chosen design, according to Yahoo, will be seen possibly billions of times on Yahoo!’s product pages, by a global audience of more than 500 million people.
What’s most surprising is that the contest received fewer than 500 entries from that global audience of 500 million.
Yahoo is finalizing the icon through various usability measures and preparing it to appear across the network in properties such as Yahoo! Autos, Yahoo! Groups and Yahoo! Shopping.
Info on the winners and runner ups can be found here.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform