Yahoo Unveils New Green Icon
Yahoo’s green icon challenge has ended and web visitors have picked a design, Earth Point!, by Leah Dickey, as the winner, TreeHugger reports. This is the icon that the search giant will use to help signify and flag greener things all over their network of sites – everything from making green purchases to finding the most fuel-efficient cars. The chosen design, according to Yahoo, will be seen possibly billions of times on Yahoo!’s product pages, by a global audience of more than 500 million people.
What’s most surprising is that the contest received fewer than 500 entries from that global audience of 500 million.
Yahoo is finalizing the icon through various usability measures and preparing it to appear across the network in properties such as Yahoo! Autos, Yahoo! Groups and Yahoo! Shopping.
Info on the winners and runner ups can be found here.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV