LG Wins Award For Green Packaging
LG was recently recognized for excellence in its packaging waste management by Packaging Magazine’s Packaging Evolution Awards, Sustainable Is Good reports. The Korean electronics maker was recognized for conserving resources and facilitating the re-use and recycling of used packaging materials. For example, the company has replaced traditional wood pallets with cardboard pallets.
The company has initiated a recycling plan which includes using packaging designs and materials with disposal and recycling characteristics and forging relationships with organizations that accept packaging waste for re-use and recycling.
A new packaging process has reduced waste by up to 10 percent this year.
LG was in fifth place in Greenpeace’s last electonics guide.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices