LG Wins Award For Green Packaging
LG was recently recognized for excellence in its packaging waste management by Packaging Magazine’s Packaging Evolution Awards, Sustainable Is Good reports. The Korean electronics maker was recognized for conserving resources and facilitating the re-use and recycling of used packaging materials. For example, the company has replaced traditional wood pallets with cardboard pallets.
The company has initiated a recycling plan which includes using packaging designs and materials with disposal and recycling characteristics and forging relationships with organizations that accept packaging waste for re-use and recycling.
A new packaging process has reduced waste by up to 10 percent this year.
LG was in fifth place in Greenpeace’s last electonics guide.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE