LG Wins Award For Green Packaging
LG was recently recognized for excellence in its packaging waste management by Packaging Magazine’s Packaging Evolution Awards, Sustainable Is Good reports. The Korean electronics maker was recognized for conserving resources and facilitating the re-use and recycling of used packaging materials. For example, the company has replaced traditional wood pallets with cardboard pallets.
The company has initiated a recycling plan which includes using packaging designs and materials with disposal and recycling characteristics and forging relationships with organizations that accept packaging waste for re-use and recycling.
A new packaging process has reduced waste by up to 10 percent this year.
LG was in fifth place in Greenpeace’s last electonics guide.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years