LG Wins Award For Green Packaging
LG was recently recognized for excellence in its packaging waste management by Packaging Magazine’s Packaging Evolution Awards, Sustainable Is Good reports. The Korean electronics maker was recognized for conserving resources and facilitating the re-use and recycling of used packaging materials. For example, the company has replaced traditional wood pallets with cardboard pallets.
The company has initiated a recycling plan which includes using packaging designs and materials with disposal and recycling characteristics and forging relationships with organizations that accept packaging waste for re-use and recycling.
A new packaging process has reduced waste by up to 10 percent this year.
LG was in fifth place in Greenpeace’s last electonics guide.
Energy Manager News
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE
- Key Trends: Corporate Renewable Energy Procurement and Spend 2016
- Cogeneration Continues to Make Inroads
- Honeywell, OG&E Upgrading Tinker Air Force Base Assembly Plant