LG Wins Award For Green Packaging
LG was recently recognized for excellence in its packaging waste management by Packaging Magazine’s Packaging Evolution Awards, Sustainable Is Good reports. The Korean electronics maker was recognized for conserving resources and facilitating the re-use and recycling of used packaging materials. For example, the company has replaced traditional wood pallets with cardboard pallets.
The company has initiated a recycling plan which includes using packaging designs and materials with disposal and recycling characteristics and forging relationships with organizations that accept packaging waste for re-use and recycling.
A new packaging process has reduced waste by up to 10 percent this year.
LG was in fifth place in Greenpeace’s last electonics guide.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners