DIA Building 2 Megawatt Solar Power System
The system, expected to be completed next year, will reduce carbon emissions by more than 5 million pounds each year, according to MMA Renewable Ventures and WorldWater & Solar Technologies, which will build the system.
The ground-mounted tracking solar array system will be located at the entrance to DIA’s main terminal. The system will be financed, owned, and operated by MMA.
DIA said last week that it had been negotiating a 25-year, $10.9 million contract to purchase power from the system.
The project is part of the Xcel Energy Solar Rewards program and will receive a rebate to offset the upfront construction costs.
Energy Manager News
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016
- CAL-ISO Study: Regional Energy Market Could Yield $1.5B in Savings Annually to Ratepayers
- Sands to Stay, But MGM and Wynn Still Plan to Leave NV Energy
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action