DIA Building 2 Megawatt Solar Power System
The system, expected to be completed next year, will reduce carbon emissions by more than 5 million pounds each year, according to MMA Renewable Ventures and WorldWater & Solar Technologies, which will build the system.
The ground-mounted tracking solar array system will be located at the entrance to DIA’s main terminal. The system will be financed, owned, and operated by MMA.
DIA said last week that it had been negotiating a 25-year, $10.9 million contract to purchase power from the system.
The project is part of the Xcel Energy Solar Rewards program and will receive a rebate to offset the upfront construction costs.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment