DIA Building 2 Megawatt Solar Power System
The system, expected to be completed next year, will reduce carbon emissions by more than 5 million pounds each year, according to MMA Renewable Ventures and WorldWater & Solar Technologies, which will build the system.
The ground-mounted tracking solar array system will be located at the entrance to DIA’s main terminal. The system will be financed, owned, and operated by MMA.
DIA said last week that it had been negotiating a 25-year, $10.9 million contract to purchase power from the system.
The project is part of the Xcel Energy Solar Rewards program and will receive a rebate to offset the upfront construction costs.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation