DIA Building 2 Megawatt Solar Power System
The system, expected to be completed next year, will reduce carbon emissions by more than 5 million pounds each year, according to MMA Renewable Ventures and WorldWater & Solar Technologies, which will build the system.
The ground-mounted tracking solar array system will be located at the entrance to DIA’s main terminal. The system will be financed, owned, and operated by MMA.
DIA said last week that it had been negotiating a 25-year, $10.9 million contract to purchase power from the system.
The project is part of the Xcel Energy Solar Rewards program and will receive a rebate to offset the upfront construction costs.
Energy Manager News
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales