DIA Building 2 Megawatt Solar Power System
The system, expected to be completed next year, will reduce carbon emissions by more than 5 million pounds each year, according to MMA Renewable Ventures and WorldWater & Solar Technologies, which will build the system.
The ground-mounted tracking solar array system will be located at the entrance to DIA’s main terminal. The system will be financed, owned, and operated by MMA.
DIA said last week that it had been negotiating a 25-year, $10.9 million contract to purchase power from the system.
The project is part of the Xcel Energy Solar Rewards program and will receive a rebate to offset the upfront construction costs.
Energy Manager News
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables