Green Marketers Get Outdoor Ad Network
Brand Connections has created a network of 500 ad venues near national parks and mountain resorts and is promoting the network to marketers as a way to easily reach environmentally conscious consumers, The Wall Street Journal reports.
Coca-Cola’s Odwalla brand is planning a campaign on the network this fall to promote its line of juices, health drinks and nutrition bars at ski resorts. Through its marketing, the brand promotes its commitment to the environment by pointing to several initiatives it undertakes.
Until recently, a big advertiser wanting to buy space at resorts around the country had to deal with a series of small firms that had exclusive rights to sell space at the venues, according to the Journal. Over the past couple of years, Brand Connections has spent what it says was more than $10 million to buy up the small firms to create the network.
Energy Manager News
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities