Wal-Mart Reaches Goal, Sells 100 Million CFLs
Wal-Mart has reached its target of selling 100 million compact fluorescent light bulbs ahead of schedule, Business Week reports.
The world’s largest retailer set the target, which roughly doubled its previous annual sales, late last year as part of a series of green policies.
Last year, an estimated 150 million CFLs were sold nationally.
Wal-Mart hit its target by raising awareness and lowering prices, said Andrew Ruben, Wal-Mart’s executive in charge of environmental strategy.
The company recently began selling private label CFLs under its Great Value brand label.
Energy Manager News
- Advances and Challenges for the Bioenergy Sector
- From Coal Plant to Battery Storage Facility
- Hubbell Introduces ASL LED
- Two Laws Set an Aggressive Energy Course for California
- Singapore Testing Floating Solar Panels
- Daikin Takes a Minority Stake in Riptide IO
- The Forecast is Good for the Solar Industry
- Honeywell Upgrading Rock Island Arsenal Garrison