BCW Pushes Line Of Biodegradable Plastic Office Products
UK Company BCW Office Products is setting up a U.S. headquarters in Austin, Texas, to launch a range of biodegradable, plastic office products.
BCW’s products include files, wallets, dividers, cups and other office products.
The company says that the key to the process is the use of a specially formulated additive that works with existing polyproplene and causes the plastic to fully degrade within 8 to 12 months, in landfill conditions. When placed in landfill, the plastic product, according to BCW, ends up as a biomass which feeds the natural bacteria in the soil.
Additionally, BCW says that the cost of these products is comparable to regular, non degradable, plastic office products.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned