BCW Pushes Line Of Biodegradable Plastic Office Products
UK Company BCW Office Products is setting up a U.S. headquarters in Austin, Texas, to launch a range of biodegradable, plastic office products.
BCW’s products include files, wallets, dividers, cups and other office products.
The company says that the key to the process is the use of a specially formulated additive that works with existing polyproplene and causes the plastic to fully degrade within 8 to 12 months, in landfill conditions. When placed in landfill, the plastic product, according to BCW, ends up as a biomass which feeds the natural bacteria in the soil.
Additionally, BCW says that the cost of these products is comparable to regular, non degradable, plastic office products.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B