BCW Pushes Line Of Biodegradable Plastic Office Products
UK Company BCW Office Products is setting up a U.S. headquarters in Austin, Texas, to launch a range of biodegradable, plastic office products.
BCW’s products include files, wallets, dividers, cups and other office products.
The company says that the key to the process is the use of a specially formulated additive that works with existing polyproplene and causes the plastic to fully degrade within 8 to 12 months, in landfill conditions. When placed in landfill, the plastic product, according to BCW, ends up as a biomass which feeds the natural bacteria in the soil.
Additionally, BCW says that the cost of these products is comparable to regular, non degradable, plastic office products.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls