BCW Pushes Line Of Biodegradable Plastic Office Products
UK Company BCW Office Products is setting up a U.S. headquarters in Austin, Texas, to launch a range of biodegradable, plastic office products.
BCW’s products include files, wallets, dividers, cups and other office products.
The company says that the key to the process is the use of a specially formulated additive that works with existing polyproplene and causes the plastic to fully degrade within 8 to 12 months, in landfill conditions. When placed in landfill, the plastic product, according to BCW, ends up as a biomass which feeds the natural bacteria in the soil.
Additionally, BCW says that the cost of these products is comparable to regular, non degradable, plastic office products.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland