BCW Pushes Line Of Biodegradable Plastic Office Products
UK Company BCW Office Products is setting up a U.S. headquarters in Austin, Texas, to launch a range of biodegradable, plastic office products.
BCW’s products include files, wallets, dividers, cups and other office products.
The company says that the key to the process is the use of a specially formulated additive that works with existing polyproplene and causes the plastic to fully degrade within 8 to 12 months, in landfill conditions. When placed in landfill, the plastic product, according to BCW, ends up as a biomass which feeds the natural bacteria in the soil.
Additionally, BCW says that the cost of these products is comparable to regular, non degradable, plastic office products.
Energy Manager News
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes
- Florida Supreme Court Puts Kibosh on FPL Fracking Charge
- Restaurant Supply Company Bakes Energy Efficiency into New Facility