Aspen’s Winter Ad Campaign To Focus On Global Warming
A new campaign will use high-profile skiers and snowboarders in ads appearing in Powder, Ski, Outside, Freeskier, Snowboarder and TransWorld Snowboarding magazines. Aspen will also send energy-saving compact fluorescent light bulbs to 40,000 customers.
“Aspen/Snowmass has fought climate change since 1997; now it’s time for you to get involved,” snowboarding star Gretchen Bleiler says in one ad.
The ads refer readers to Save Snow, an Aspen Website dedicated to global warming. The campaign has some obvious similarities to Clif Bar’s Save Our Snow campaign and Keep Winter Cool from the Natural Resources Defense Council.
The company ran an ad last year, which seems to have been a precursor to this year’s rollout.
Last year, Aspen partnered with the Bonneville Environmental Foundation to sell Green-e certified SkiGreen Tags to resort guests who wish to offset their travel-related emissions to and from the resort with wind energy.
Energy Manager News
- Apple, Google, Facebook Throw Weight Around in NC Energy Policy
- 2015 Green Lease Leaders include Landlords, Tenants, Brokers
- Disney World Builds Mickey Mouse-Shaped 5 MW Solar System
- Ohio Businesses Encouraged to Use Cogged V-Belts
- Renewables Share of US Energy Consumption Highest Since 1930s
- ZBB Unveils EMS for C&I Buildings
- Levi Strauss, Gap, Autodesk Support California Clean Energy Bill
- New Hydro-Quebec Data Center to Use Free Cooling