Aspen’s Winter Ad Campaign To Focus On Global Warming
A new campaign will use high-profile skiers and snowboarders in ads appearing in Powder, Ski, Outside, Freeskier, Snowboarder and TransWorld Snowboarding magazines. Aspen will also send energy-saving compact fluorescent light bulbs to 40,000 customers.
“Aspen/Snowmass has fought climate change since 1997; now it’s time for you to get involved,” snowboarding star Gretchen Bleiler says in one ad.
The ads refer readers to Save Snow, an Aspen Website dedicated to global warming. The campaign has some obvious similarities to Clif Bar’s Save Our Snow campaign and Keep Winter Cool from the Natural Resources Defense Council.
The company ran an ad last year, which seems to have been a precursor to this year’s rollout.
Last year, Aspen partnered with the Bonneville Environmental Foundation to sell Green-e certified SkiGreen Tags to resort guests who wish to offset their travel-related emissions to and from the resort with wind energy.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market
- UCLA Creates The L.A. Energy Atlas
- Santa Cruz Saves with Six Battery Tower
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency