Aspen’s Winter Ad Campaign To Focus On Global Warming
A new campaign will use high-profile skiers and snowboarders in ads appearing in Powder, Ski, Outside, Freeskier, Snowboarder and TransWorld Snowboarding magazines. Aspen will also send energy-saving compact fluorescent light bulbs to 40,000 customers.
“Aspen/Snowmass has fought climate change since 1997; now it’s time for you to get involved,” snowboarding star Gretchen Bleiler says in one ad.
The ads refer readers to Save Snow, an Aspen Website dedicated to global warming. The campaign has some obvious similarities to Clif Bar’s Save Our Snow campaign and Keep Winter Cool from the Natural Resources Defense Council.
The company ran an ad last year, which seems to have been a precursor to this year’s rollout.
Last year, Aspen partnered with the Bonneville Environmental Foundation to sell Green-e certified SkiGreen Tags to resort guests who wish to offset their travel-related emissions to and from the resort with wind energy.
Energy Manager News
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M
- White Efficiency Poses Challenge for Solid-State Lighting
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion