Aspen’s Winter Ad Campaign To Focus On Global Warming
A new campaign will use high-profile skiers and snowboarders in ads appearing in Powder, Ski, Outside, Freeskier, Snowboarder and TransWorld Snowboarding magazines. Aspen will also send energy-saving compact fluorescent light bulbs to 40,000 customers.
“Aspen/Snowmass has fought climate change since 1997; now it’s time for you to get involved,” snowboarding star Gretchen Bleiler says in one ad.
The ads refer readers to Save Snow, an Aspen Website dedicated to global warming. The campaign has some obvious similarities to Clif Bar’s Save Our Snow campaign and Keep Winter Cool from the Natural Resources Defense Council.
The company ran an ad last year, which seems to have been a precursor to this year’s rollout.
Last year, Aspen partnered with the Bonneville Environmental Foundation to sell Green-e certified SkiGreen Tags to resort guests who wish to offset their travel-related emissions to and from the resort with wind energy.
Energy Manager News
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data